how Payout threshold work

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ativis

how Payout threshold work

Post by ativis » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello miners

Can Someone explain me How do payouts work?

How Payout threshold work ? Please give me example?
critter

Re: how Payout threshold work

Post by critter » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:26 pm

I would also like to know why when I lower BTC threshold it never pays me the full amount I have.. I always end up with 6-7 dollars left after it pays out. it will not pay the full amount in my account.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:18 pm

If you wait for the DEFAULT threshold to hit, the network transfer fee is absorbed by the pool as part of the fees you pay to mine here, 5%.

If you set the custom threshold to be lower than the default, network transfer fees are incurred and passed on to the miner. In the case of BTC the fees to move money are quite high and it actually takes a long time. For this reason, lower threshold valued coins are preferred for payout coins of choice.

If the pool I am on floats off tomorrow Id like to know I didn't get hosed out of 2 weeks worth of mining BTC just to get 1 payout and not have to pay an extra $5 or $7 a day in my profits just to get my payouts. I like to get daily payouts, so I pick LTC and GameCredits, those type of ...Hey I made $4, im getting a payout today, kinda of coins. You can pick any coin you like, myself I steer clear of the BTC as a payout option just because it takes too long to hit the threshold to not be charged the network fee.

Critter what time zone are you in?
switch your payment over to like LTC 2 hours before the server midnight EST time.
Check that the BTC has stopped accumulating, and see if the whole BTC value you have flushes over during the night and check the balance the next day. It is also possible I have heard a few people talk about phantom balances in their accounts they cannot clear or access, if its not an overrun or time mix up issue between server time midnight and your time to switch so more coins arent going into the next days tabulations, then you would need to submit a ticket for them to un-stick the balance.
ativis

Post by ativis » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:00 am

I don't understand this situation:
Why payout is smaller than all my balances ?
Why they do not pay all earned amount, only part ?

AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:15 am

This is an easy mistake to make and even easier to understand once you see how it works.

The server is located in Philadelphia, PA, USA.
As a result the server time is in EST timezone.

The payout eligible is what you will be paid for the previous day's earnings...all the profit made prior to midnight the previous day.
In your case 6.87352076.

The other number...way to the right, under the 31 seconds ago, 8.00389705, think of that as...total coins you are still due from the pool.
Next to the payout eligible in ( ) is says payout within 21:07, so I am guessing, 24:00-21:07, this screenshot was taken around 3 hours AFTER midnight time of the pool's server.
Later on this morning, there will be a payout from the pool to your wallet you have set for the LTC payouts. When that happens, 6.87352076 will be deducted from whatever the running total on the right hand side is--that the pool is still due to pay to you...meaning, that portion of it was paid.

If you would like to get the full balance and not get any more... you just need to stop all mining on the pool 3 hours and 15 mins before you took the screenshot above your time and that should stop all mining, with 15 mins before midnight, and then everything you have at midnight will be paid out in full (assuming you are over the threshold, which for LTC is like $4). But if you continue to mine, past midnight, the new amount will be added on and will be part of the next days balance to see if the payout triggers.

It's all a matter of timing, you are seeing the previous day's earnings + 3 hours of the next day added on.
And the payouts only trigger 1 time a day at midnight server time.
Once you account for the timezone difference it all makes more sense, the DAY is the server's timezone's day not yours wherever you may be located.

Hope that clears it up some.
ativis

Post by ativis » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:15 am

AppleMiner wrote:This is an easy mistake to make and even easier to understand once you see how it works.

The server is located in Philadelphia, PA, USA.
As a result the server time is in EST timezone.

The payout eligible is what you will be paid for the previous day's earnings...all the profit made prior to midnight the previous day.
In your case 6.87352076.

The other number...way to the right, under the 31 seconds ago, 8.00389705, think of that as...total coins you are still due from the pool.
Next to the payout eligible in ( ) is says payout within 21:07, so I am guessing, 24:00-21:07, this screenshot was taken around 3 hours AFTER midnight time of the pool's server.
Later on this morning, there will be a payout from the pool to your wallet you have set for the LTC payouts. When that happens, 6.87352076 will be deducted from whatever the running total on the right hand side is--that the pool is still due to pay to you...meaning, that portion of it was paid.

If you would like to get the full balance and not get any more... you just need to stop all mining on the pool 3 hours and 15 mins before you took the screenshot above your time and that should stop all mining, with 15 mins before midnight, and then everything you have at midnight will be paid out in full (assuming you are over the threshold, which for LTC is like $4). But if you continue to mine, past midnight, the new amount will be added on and will be part of the next days balance to see if the payout triggers.

It's all a matter of timing, you are seeing the previous day's earnings + 3 hours of the next day added on.
And the payouts only trigger 1 time a day at midnight server time.
Once you account for the timezone difference it all makes more sense, the DAY is the server's timezone's day not yours wherever you may be located.

Hope that clears it up some.
Ok now it's clear :) thank You Sir