Owners of A4 General Discussion and Help

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
fugju

Re: Owners of A4 General Discussion and Help

Post by fugju » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:20 pm

CritterDog wrote: The shoebox design has no room at all to breath.
Shoebox is much better than deadroom in a large box. The A4 needs only additional fan like S7. Bitmain try to use one fan too, but they drop this idea very fast.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:18 pm

tradewiz wrote:I have done something else now which seems to make sense, I am testing it on a small number now: I use "Awesome miner" - a program to control your miners. Every 30 mins the program will reboot any controller that is below 240 MH. Seems to work quite well, but its early days. At least a temp patch until a proper firmware is released. (Remember to open up the API access on the A4, easiest done in the index file)
Do the miners restart often with this program?

The problem with software like that is that it needs to reboot the miners quickly enough so that there isn't much lost mining time. We make 30% more than LTC, so it's still profitable if the miners are completely nonfunctional a quarter of the time. But if it takes too long to reboot them, then they could be offline more than 30%.

Is that timing adjustable? I would think it's better if the software could reboot miners on a rolling average so that it can more quickly detect if there is a problem.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:40 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
tradewiz wrote:I would think it's better if the software could reboot miners on a rolling average so that it can more quickly detect if there is a problem.
If I had someway to auto restart they come back on line very fast. I would set it to auto re-start every 6 hours.. I wonder if there is anything that could do this.. I can't think of anything that would cut power just for a few seconds.. Thats what would really help until we get a real fix.

Humm I wonder if something like this might work
https://www.amazon.com/Century-Heavy-Di ... al+outlets
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:20 pm

CritterDog wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
tradewiz wrote:I would think it's better if the software could reboot miners on a rolling average so that it can more quickly detect if there is a problem.
If I had someway to auto restart they come back on line very fast. I would set it to auto re-start every 6 hours.. I wonder if there is anything that could do this.. I can't think of anything that would cut power just for a few seconds.. Thats what would really help until we get a real fix.

Humm I wonder if something like this might work
https://www.amazon.com/Century-Heavy-Di ... al+outlets
Just buy a timer like this, or even a cheap analog timer that costs $0.99 at Wal-Mart. Then just set it so that it's off for the shortest interval possible. That should cause a power cycle, but if the timer can't be set down to the minute, you might lose money this way.
fugju

Post by fugju » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:46 pm

For this solution... I hope your PSU is high quality and your electric house cable are fat enaugh for this high current every minutes.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:20 pm

fugju wrote:For this solution... I hope your PSU is high quality and your electric house cable are fat enaugh for this high current every minutes.
The current would not be a problem. I have my A4 plugged in a kilowatt meter that measures watts pulled from the wall. I have watched it on restarts. It never goes over about 1090 watts even on the re-start. My power supplys are the top of the line so no worries either way. And I would only set it to restart every 6 hours. Also the miners are on a dedicated 20 amp circuit so that should be no strain on the wiring
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:39 am

fugju wrote:
CritterDog wrote: The shoebox design has no room at all to breath.
Shoebox is much better than deadroom in a large box. The A4 needs only additional fan like S7. Bitmain try to use one fan too, but they drop this idea very fast.
One fan is fine. You'll only have problems if you are pushing hot air back into the same room you're trying to pull your cool air from. That feedback loop will simply heat the room and raise the miner temp. You need to vent your exhaust away from the miner any way you can and provide a constant supply of fresh air for cooling. Stick a cardboard box over a window and point the exhaust into the box. This is how I did it when I had 3, and it worked fine.
citronick

Post by citronick » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:59 pm

Posted on chatbox - reproduced here for feedback.

hi A4 owners, my batch has the latest firmware v.201 and would like to try it out here. So far so good on pure LTC mining only and solo LTC. Over here and NH and elsewhere multi-coin switching - the A4 is all over the place but instead of dropping boards like batch 1 and 2, it just restarts everytime a new coin is mined. So I guess maybe a special port for A4s with longer switching delay timing perhaps? Comments?
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:09 pm

citronick wrote:Posted on chatbox - reproduced here for feedback.

hi A4 owners, my batch has the latest firmware v.201 and would like to try it out here. So far so good on pure LTC mining only and solo LTC. Over here and NH and elsewhere multi-coin switching - the A4 is all over the place but instead of dropping boards like batch 1 and 2, it just restarts everytime a new coin is mined. So I guess maybe a special port for A4s with longer switching delay timing perhaps? Comments?
C*****mining has a separate port for Titans due to switching issues.
Collective

Post by Collective » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:53 am

Hi Guys,

I am mining with an A4 (batch 3)and i see several drops a day.

My settings:

Speed: 1200Mhz
Diff: 4096

I tried at lower speed and also higher diff, but that doenst make sence.