To all Scrypt Miners on Prohashing

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jstefanop

To all Scrypt Miners on Prohashing

Post by jstefanop » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Not sure how many of you are following whats going on in Litecoin right now, but I'm SURE you have noticed your profits have trippled since last month. The reason for this is because Litecoin is spear heading the adaption of Segwit on its network, and all the development efforts behind it.

Unfortunately Bitmain for their own selfish reason are doing everything they can to stop this. Fortunately Prohashing and you guys (the miners) have enough hashrate to effectively counter this.

I call on you guys to 1) reach out to pro hashing and give up a few days of extra profits to point all your hashrate to Litecoins network and produce segwit blocks. Or 2) temporarily move your hashrate to a segwit signaling Litecoin pool.

You guys know better than anyone that scrypt profits are tied to LTC price...profits WILL go back down to pre april levels if the chinese successfully block this. Losing 20% extra profits for 5-10 days to activate segwit and gain 100-200% + profits for the foreseeable future, is a no brainer compared to doing nothing, and seeing profits plummet back down to where they were before.

Choice is yours.
tmopar

Re: To all Scrypt Miners on Prohashing

Post by tmopar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:30 pm

so setting the miners just a=scrypt c=litecoin is sufficient to do this now?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:18 pm

tmopar wrote:so setting the miners just a=scrypt c=litecoin is sufficient to do this now?
Yes, but this will cost you money.
tmopar

Post by tmopar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 pm

because you will miss out in the merged mining?

how would you otherwise signal participation in segwit ?
biscayne

Post by biscayne » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:57 pm

This poor release update for X11 cost us money too, still suffering.
FRISKIE

Post by FRISKIE » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Resetting to mine litecoin now !

Done, and to hell with some lost profits . .let's do this thing!
Last edited by FRISKIE on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:58 pm

biscayne wrote:This poor release update for X11 cost us money too, still suffering.
Anyone who mined x11 coins but was the victim of lost blocks will be compensated, don't worry.

As to scrypt, I would love to say that it's entirely the fault of the release, but Jihan Wu put a lot of miners online, and it's been destroying profitability by increasing the difficulty.
jstefanop

Post by jstefanop » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
biscayne wrote:This poor release update for X11 cost us money too, still suffering.
Anyone who mined x11 coins but was the victim of lost blocks will be compensated, don't worry.

As to scrypt, I would love to say that it's entirely the fault of the release, but Jihan Wu put a lot of miners online, and it's been destroying profitability by increasing the difficulty.
and lowering price since he's using that hash to block segwit...which is even why its more pressing to direct your hash power to counter his ASAP. The longer we dip below 75% the harder it will be to activate this period.
VanessaEzekowitz

Post by VanessaEzekowitz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:15 pm

I've pointed my little 18 MH/s potato accordingly.
Join Hashflare, make some money, and help a crabby old battle axe earn too, using my referral link:
https://hashflare.io/r/19027B79
rootdude

Post by rootdude » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:34 pm

I'm with Jstefanop... We need to push this SegWit proposal through and show the rest of the crypto community that centralization by Bitmain, Jihad Wu, Ver and others will not be tolerated.