Yocoin Orphans

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GenTarkin

Re: Yocoin Orphans

Post by GenTarkin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:09 pm

excelerator wrote:I get the math and understand the logic. It's just frustrating to see as today's mining I'm at a 49% revenue loss from all mined coins due to Yocoin orphans which puts my contribution to the pool at less than my pool reward as of this morning. I'm trying to tune my machines to contribute more than my return and it's frustrating to go backwards. On days like these I can't glean any useful information for tuning purposes with such a high orphan rate and revenue loss.
Um.... tuning your machines really has nothing to do w/ orphans. Orphans are "pool <-> blockchain network" related.
Rejects and stales on the other hand do but those largely still come down to how well the pool functions and your connection to the pool.

I can understand how such a high orphan rate is frustrating, its double frustrating to know that a properly functioning multipool made way more than this pool (if they didnt have the same orphan rate problem) ... but it should still be comforting to know it was still more profitable than mining just LTC.
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:07 pm

GenTarkin wrote:
excelerator wrote:I get the math and understand the logic. It's just frustrating to see as today's mining I'm at a 49% revenue loss from all mined coins due to Yocoin orphans which puts my contribution to the pool at less than my pool reward as of this morning. I'm trying to tune my machines to contribute more than my return and it's frustrating to go backwards. On days like these I can't glean any useful information for tuning purposes with such a high orphan rate and revenue loss.
Um.... tuning your machines really has nothing to do w/ orphans. Orphans are "pool <-> blockchain network" related.
Rejects and stales on the other hand do but those largely still come down to how well the pool functions and your connection to the pool.

I can understand how such a high orphan rate is frustrating, its double frustrating to know that a properly functioning multipool made way more than this pool (if they didnt have the same orphan rate problem) ... but it should still be comforting to know it was still more profitable than mining just LTC.
Good point! I do understand the relationship and it's good clarification. I need to ignore the absolute hash waste (hard for any ex-manufacturing person) and stay focused on insuring that my net contribution to the pool daily is greater than or equal to my pool reward.
gaanthony

Post by gaanthony » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:03 pm

Looks like Yocoin forked and created some new network nodes which probably accounts for orphans if mining on an old chain. Also the Dev's exchange account was hacked. Info on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1279956.400.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:49 am

I've been watching that thread to see if they change anything. From what has happened in the last few days, I think Yocoin is a scam.

The default seed nodes are controlled by the developers. Likely, the developers are mining on their own and have rigged the default seed nodes to favor their own blocks while orphaning others' blocks. It's too convenient that the orphans only started once Yocoin had a high value, and then then a large amount of Yocoins owned by the developers are mysteriously sold and withdrawn from C-CEX.

If this is what is happening, then they have no reason to fix the seed nodes. The developers will continue to mine Yocoin with no competition while the market stays inflated, and once the market crashes, the developers will disappear with all the "missing" money.

Fortunately, this doesn't affect us at all, other than not being able to mine a profitable coin.
KristieBreeze

Post by KristieBreeze » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:58 am

Orphans are already carrying the burden of the world and deprived of happiness. Thus they should receive care as other child. So, one can help such orphans by the simple means like joining the mission humanitaire, which can be rich in humanity and orphans as well.