Need help with Nicehash

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Need help with Nicehash

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:37 am

Hi,

I was hoping to hear from some people who use or have used Nicehash to connect to this pool.

Nicehash is making it unnecessarily difficult to connect to the pool. We had been wondering for some time why there were some miners whose mining rigs would not accept the low-difficulty shares used for work restart testing. We couldn't find any miner that had the problem. After months of this, we finally found out earlier in the week that it was Nicehash causing this problem.

For some reason, they added an error condition into their software prohibiting low difficulty shares necessary for work restart testing. This weekend, I plan to add special code to work around these (and other) Nicehash limitations. To do that, I need the usernames of some Nicehash customers so I can determine Nicehash's IP addresses.

If you have used Nicehash to connect to this pool, could you reply to this post so that we can gather statistics about Nicehash usage and add code to work around their issues?

Thanks,

-Steve
Maznoz

Re: Need help with Nicehash

Post by Maznoz » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:40 am

Hi Steve, I've been using nicehash. It would be nice if there is better nicehash support indeed. It currently has it's challenges...
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:03 am

Hi Maznoz,

Thanks for the reply. It looks like they are using 159.8.2.70. I'll monitor some of the other IP addresses you connect with to see if there are multiple addresses.

Nicehash is hiding their identity. Not only do they not post the owners' names easily, this IP address has a reverse DNS entry of "sl-lookup.com," which has no website associated with it and no identification that it has anything to do with Nicehash.
paszokonik

Post by paszokonik » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Hello,

I'm experimenting with NiceHash, but the results are unstable. The main problem is big difference between paying speed and speed at pool.

Just to quote today's data for last 2hrs:
Speed at pool 0.5076 GH/s
Speed paying 0.6589 GH/s
Delta -0.3809 GH/s (-18.18%) -0.1513 GH/s (-22.97%)

With 23% loss it is impossible to get any profit even with good per GHS unit price.
tradewiz

Post by tradewiz » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:22 pm

I have tried in the past to connect with Nicehash to the pool, but never managed to get a proper connection. I will try again now and let you know how that goes.
tradewiz

Post by tradewiz » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:35 am

Paszokonik - what sort of settings do you use? d=16384?

I am struggling getting it to work.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:59 am

I'm curious as to the results of this experiment.

I think we can fix whatever is wrong if you can post the error messages or bad behavior.
paszokonik

Post by paszokonik » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:39 am

My settings are d=16384 r=0.2.
Results friday: +6%, saturday: -5%
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:02 am

paszokonik,

Are those numbers the profits earned versus mining at Nicehash's pool, or how much you paid versus how much you earned?
paszokonik

Post by paszokonik » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:02 am

It is end of a day "profit". I put 0.01BTC into NiceHash and get something, eg 0.0106BTC from your pool.
My main problem is that I'm paying for 2GHs and in your stats can barely see 1.7GHs.