Minor Usability Suggestions

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Minor Usability Suggestions

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:47 pm

tucsondirect wrote:#4 I would be helpful to have the last 24 or 48 hours accepted /stale/rejected shares, as well as average hash-rate snapshots, maybe the average for the previous 15 min. even hourly would be fine... I don't see a need to keep that detailed of data for longer than that... (in my case it would make it easier to identify problems that are occurring randomly with some of the solar powered miners as all of their controls are analog )
If this data was very detailed, but disappeared permanently after 28 days, would that be a problem?
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: If this data was very detailed, but disappeared permanently after 28 days, would that be a problem?
For me even 7 days would be fine, Its just for confirmation that miners are operating properly, doing analysis of productivity based on changes, indicators of poor internet connections... etc.
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:01 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:It's interesting that worker charts is the suggestion that comes up the most often, given that it's the most difficult to implement :(

Isn't daily earnings already shown in USD value in the earnings chart?

Yeah and the most taxing on a DB server! :(

But more useful! (maybe have an option to enable logging) and leaving it off by default?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:15 pm

tucsondirect wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote: If this data was very detailed, but disappeared permanently after 28 days, would that be a problem?
For me even 7 days would be fine, Its just for confirmation that miners are operating properly, doing analysis of productivity based on changes, indicators of poor internet connections... etc.
Would it be helpful to allow notifications at the worker level? Would you want notification that a specific worker with a certain name goes below or above a certain value?
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:25 pm

That would be great too! but charts are where its at... Lets say i change the clock to an untested frequency of 30% of miners, but on 50% of those i also change the Difficulty... i need charts (or just raw numbers) to see how that affected performance over a period of time, how many shares were submitted, what difficulty they were, and the estimated work utility of said worker...

Changes in ambient temp, Voltage changes at the input side of miners, capacitance changes etc.. all affect miners and in order to be as profitable as possible things are constantly tweaked.. it can be frustrating when there is no definitive proof of the outcome of said changes :/

For me the feature is NOT urgent, but would be nice... (i can test at other pools, as i currently do... and then move them over when im happy with the outcome)
zxzxzx

Post by zxzxzx » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:34 am

Hi Steve.

It will be nice to see the BTC amount daily next to/above/under the USD.

TYIA
ZX
RapidHash

Post by RapidHash » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:04 pm

I used to mine on BTCguild and they had amazing charts where I could see all my miners on one chart with different line colours. Below the chart I could turn off and on miners from the chart and see how its been doing over time.

Daily earning is in USD but it would be nice to have it in BTC as well. I'm more interested in my daily earning in BTC so I can see my earning more accurately without USD price fluctuation. I don't exchange my coins as I mine them so for me daily earnings to be in USD make no sense as I exchange them at different rates.
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:27 pm

RapidHash wrote:I used to mine on BTCguild and they had amazing charts where I could see all my miners on one chart with different line colours. Below the chart I could turn off and on miners from the chart and see how its been doing over time.

Daily earning is in USD but it would be nice to have it in BTC as well. I'm more interested in my daily earning in BTC so I can see my earning more accurately without USD price fluctuation. I don't exchange my coins as I mine them so for me daily earnings to be in USD make no sense as I exchange them at different rates.
so in essence you would like a BTC earnings chart similar to the USD chart?

I would say the most appropriate thing to do in this case would be to chart daily/hourly payout for each coin assigned in your profile available from a drop-down selector with the option of setting a default coin view. as we dont want to chart BTC next to DOGE as it would make no scaling/sense to have a bar 14,000 DOGE high, next to a .01 BTC high Bar :idea:
RapidHash

Post by RapidHash » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:29 am

tucsondirect wrote:
RapidHash wrote:I used to mine on BTCguild and they had amazing charts where I could see all my miners on one chart with different line colours. Below the chart I could turn off and on miners from the chart and see how its been doing over time.

so in essence you would like a BTC earnings chart similar to the USD chart?

I would say the most appropriate thing to do in this case would be to chart daily/hourly payout for each coin assigned in your profile available from a drop-down selector with the option of setting a default coin view. as we dont want to chart BTC next to DOGE as it would make no scaling/sense to have a bar 14,000 DOGE high, next to a .01 BTC high Bar :idea:
Pretty much, Btc chart like the USD one, or some sort of change of view from USD to BTC.

I think simple view change from BTC to USD would be sufficient, or just another chart with daily BTC payouts or the coin selected for payouts.
JarBinks

Post by JarBinks » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:50 pm

I also like the BTC chart idea.
Since everything I do is in BTC, mostly, the USD one make me think too much. :-(
I find myself looking at the title bar waiting for the latest USD profitability to switch to BTC.