Ignoring difficulty

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
creiss

Ignoring difficulty

Post by creiss » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:31 pm

Hey folks,

I am solo Mining several altcoins using this password

Code: Select all

"d=512 n=node1 c=Runner m=solo"
Node and Coin are working, even the solo flag. However all machines start at 65k difficulty which is at (1mh/s scrypt) too much to handle. I specifically requested 512 difficulty (that the dynamic diff will settle to after 2 hours). Uppon connect:

Difficulty: 65,536
Target difficulty: 65,536 (dynamic)
Work restart delay: Need more shares
Current restart penalty: 1.000
Minimum network difficulty: Not set
2hr share estimate: 0
2hr avg hashrate: Need more shares
Since first share: No shares yet
Mode: Solo mining
Merge mining restarts: dynamic
My question is: Why is the d= argument completly ignored?

Cheers,
-Christian.
dog1965

Re: Ignoring difficulty

Post by dog1965 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:38 pm

creiss wrote:Hey folks,

I am solo Mining several altcoins using this password

"d=512 n=node1 c=Runner m=solo"
Node and Coin are working, even the solo flag. However all machines start at 65k difficulty which is at (1mh/s scrypt) too much to handle. I specifically requested 512 difficulty (that the dynamic diff will settle to after 2 hours). Uppon connect:

Difficulty: 65,536
Target difficulty: 65,536 (dynamic)
Work restart delay: Need more shares
Current restart penalty: 1.000
Minimum network difficulty: Not set
2hr share estimate: 0
2hr avg hashrate: Need more shares
Since first share: No shares yet
Mode: Solo mining
Merge mining restarts: dynamic
My question is: Why is the d= argument completly ignored?

Cheers,
-Christian.
your difficulty is lower than the pools minimal difficulty if this happens THE POOL will throw you right back into dynamic mode. It looks like it ignores you but its not it just kicks you back into dynamic mode. You have to find the lowest minimal d=? which I will not comment on for troll reasons.
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:48 pm

Dog is correct. Your d is too low. The min d was raised last week as the system was unable to process the share count of those who set the min to 2048. You will have to find a number greater than 2048 in order to use the pool unless they have made additional changes. Note sure what tech you are using however many L3's use 131,702 and 65,536.
creiss

Post by creiss » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Hey,

thanks for the reply--
You are right, if I select a higher difficulty it sticks statically at that diff. Here is what's puzzling me however: Auto Difficulty start of at 65k and needs 1-2 hours to settle down at 512 / 1024 (switches between). Selecting a diff of 512 or 1024 fails directly with ignoring. So the difficulty of 512 is auto selectable but not directly chooseable. Why would that be? I can select 2048 as static diff giving me a 1-2 hour head start; but this wont go any lower.

Is there an option to suggest auto diff to start probing at X instead?

Background: I am solo mining wierd alt-coint with a 1Mh/s Antrouter (scrypt). So no real power usage and it keeps happily cracking odd coins. It is however easily killed by anything above 2k diff.

Cheers!
-Chris.

PS: I didn't get that Troll part.